She is our constant go-to for new playlists, a supportive boss who is always encouraging us to think bigger and a resource for all things food. Our #CookItCrew wouldn’t exist without her and we’re so happy to share 5 things you might have not known about her today!
- I’m a better eater than cook — a skill I learned when I worked at Bon Appétit, and we had to go to recipe testings twice a day. Each editor at the table had to describe in detail what they liked or didn’t like about the dish, and how to fix it. The pressure!
- Bananas are the bain of my existence. I live in fear of finding them in smoothies, acai bowls, fruit salads, anywhere.
- Of all the apps on my phone, I love Shazam the best. I’m always making a playlist.
- Baking isn’t a strong suit, but I make one cake very well: Wolfgang Puck’s Gateau au Chocolat. It’s from his 1981 book, Modern French Cooking for the American Kitchen (I’ve made a mess of page 221!), and it never gets old.
- I spent 32 years in the corporate world before I realized I wanted to be an entrepreneur. Fancy that!