She is our constant go-to for new playlists, a supportive boss who is always encouraging us to think bigger and a resource for all things food. Our #CookItCrew wouldn’t exist without her and we’re so happy to share 5 things you might have not known about her today!
- I’m a better eater than cook — a skill I learned when I worked at Bon Appétit, and we had to go to recipe testings twice a day. Each editor at the table had to describe in detail what they liked or didn’t like about the dish, and how to fix it. The pressure!
- Bananas are the bain of my existence. I live in fear of finding them in smoothies, acai bowls, fruit salads, anywhere.
- Of all the apps on my phone, I love Shazam the best. I’m always making a playlist.
- Baking isn’t a strong suit, but I make one cake very well: Wolfgang Puck’s Gateau au Chocolat. It’s from his 1981 book, Modern French Cooking for the American Kitchen (I’ve made a mess of page 221!), and it never gets old.
- I spent 32 years in the corporate world before I realized I wanted to be an entrepreneur. Fancy that!
Our #CookItCrew is made up of some amazing and talented brands & influencers, and today we’re chatting with Yumna of Feel Good Foodie. Her passion for the food industry and clean eating inspired her journey into blogging, and we’re so glad to learn five things we didn’t know about her today!
- I was born in Zaire (now the Republic of Congo) and grew up in Sierra Leone on the west coast of Africa until I was 11 years old. We left in 1993 when a civil war broke out, and we came to Dearborn, Michigan, where some of my dad’s relatives lived.
- I’m obsessed with dark chocolate and have a piece every single day after dinner.
- My brother and I have the same name, but his name (Aiman) is the masculine version of my name (Yumna). My name means the right side, and I tell my husband it means I’m right and he’s wrong haha!
- I broke my left arm when I was 2 years old and became double jointed because of it.
- I was the Female Athlete of the Year in my graduating class of 400. I think it was mostly because all the best athletes just didn’t have the minimum 2.5 GPA to qualify for the award 😉
We work with amazing people everyday from brands to influencers and everything in between. We lovingly call them our #CookItCrew and today were checking in with our Brand Strategist, Anna Fatlowitz. We asked and she told us 5 things we didn’t know about her!
- I was born in Thailand and lived there until I was two. I’ve been lucky enough to go back a few times, and experience things outside of a tourist lense. I’m finally going back as an adult later this year and can’t wait!
- Because I grew up eating a ton of authentic Isaan (northeast region) Thai food, I am seriously so picky. Pad Thai is actually one of my least favorite dishes, and there are about two places in NYC I actually approve of: Somtum Der and Jaiya.
- For some reason I’ve never liked sweets, so I always skip dessert unless other people want it. I’ve even asked to replace the dessert course on prix fixe menus!
- My favorite cuisine is Japanese, from sushi to soba to kaiseki and everything in between. I think I started eating sushi around age five. My first omakase definitely changed my life.
- I’m obsessed with dogs and getting a dog. I probably follow 100+ dog accounts on Instagram.