The sun is shining, birds are chirping, and everyone is sneezing which can only mean one thing…April is here! This month contains a treasure trove of holidays and topics for both brands and influencers to create killer content. Read on to discover what trends consumers are embracing as we head into Q2.
- April Fools’ Day – Crack a joke, pull a prank, or fool your friends with some fake-out foods on April 1st.
- Easter – Did you know that Easter Sunday (April 17th) is one of the biggest food holidays of the year? Whether it’s a fun and festive brunch and egg hunt celebration or a classic ham dinner, there are so many ways to get in on the conversation. And don’t forget all the cute bunny treats!
- Earth Day – Held every year on April 22nd, Earth Day is all about raising awareness of our environmental challenges so the world can become a happier, healthier place. Show your support for our planet by cooking dinner using sustainably grown produce, switching out your products for eco-friendly alternatives, or by joining a local park or beach clean up. Many brands use this day as an opportunity to showcase their sustainability goals and donate a portion of their proceeds to charities that support the environment.
- Brunch Recipes – Brunch season is upon us, and consumers are ready to get their mimosa on. Major brunch holidays like Easter, Mother’s Day, and Father’s Day are coming up soon! Eggs are a popular ingredient according to Google Trends, with searches for “deviled eggs”, “egg salad”, and “egg white bites” on the rise.
- Spring flavors – Fruits, vegetables, and fresh herbs, oh my! As we head into spring, consumers are starting to reach for seasonal produce and bright flavors to incorporate into easy meals and festive bakes. Spinach salad recipes, side dishes using asparagus and artichokes, and cakes flavored with strawberries and lavender are all popular searches this season according to Pinterest Trends.
- Fizzy beverages – Carbonation is the beverage industry’s latest it girl, with drinks like probiotic soda, sparkling water, energy drinks, and hard kombucha rising in popularity. Brands like Olipop, Spindrift, Celsius, and JuneShine are consumer favorites this spring according to the Exploding Topics tool.
- Grocery subscriptions – Consumers are constantly looking for ways to save money, time, and energy, especially when it comes to grocery shopping. Sustainable grocery subscriptions are taking off, specifically ones featuring produce that’s not pretty enough for store shelves, like Misfits Market, Oddbox, and Imperfect Foods.