The days are long, the weather is warm, and everyone is buzzing with excitement as school wraps up and summer plans are finalized!
From Father’s Day celebrations to Juneteenth cookouts to Pride Month parties, June is stuffed full of opportunities to create captivating content for both brands and influencers. Here’s a list of notable holidays and trending topics to help you plan your editorial calendar for the upcoming month.
- Pride Month – June 1st marks the start of Pride Month, a month-long celebration honoring the LGBTQ+ community. Pride events often include parades, glitter, parties, and of course, food! Celebrate with rainbow-colored recipes made with love.
- Juneteenth (June 19th) – Juneteenth, our newest national holiday, is a perfect opportunity for Black-owned brands to partner with well-aligned influencers creating content that celebrates Black culture and the traditions of Black cuisine.
- Father’s Day (June 19th) – Sharing the same calendar date as Juneteenth, Father’s Day is another celebration that lends itself to partnerships that focus on great food and good times. Whether you’re planning a backyard bbq or breakfast in bed, Dad deserves the best, so brands should position their products as something to make the celebration special.
- First Day of Summer (June 21st) – Spring heat waves might make it feel like it’s been summer for a while, the official first day of the new season is June 21st! Use this day as an opportunity to create content centered around traditional summer activities, such as family vacations, pool parties, or beach trips.
- Grilling – Get ready to step out of the kitchen and into the backyard, because grilling season is here! The search for “things to cook on the grill” is on the rise, with recipes for burgers, chicken, and kebabs among the most popular. In the market for a new grill? The Big Green Egg is a consumer favorite for easy outdoor entertaining.
- Salads – Green salads, potato salads, fruit salads – if it can be thrown into a bowl and called a salad, it’s trending. According to Pinterest Trends, consumers are on the hunt for “pasta salads”, “panzanella”, and “healthy homemade salad dressing”.
- Cocktails – Everyone knows that patio happy hours and fruity cocktails go hand in hand. This year, aperol spritzes, lychee martinis, and fruity sangrias are going to be all the rage according to the Exploding Topics tool.
- Cold Brew – There’s nothing quite like a nice glass of cold brew on a sunny afternoon. Brands like Chamberlain Coffee, Jot, and Wandering Bear are current consumer go-tos for easy cold brew at home. Coffee videos are also a running trend on Instagram and TikTok! Encourage your audience to get creative with their morning cup of joe with easy recipes using different flavored syrups or fun-shaped ice cubes.
- Seafood – Salmon has been the star of the show this spring, but different types of seafood dishes such as lobster rolls, fish tacos, grilled shrimp are expected to rise in popularity as we head into the summer months.