Summer is in full swing! Cue the sunburns, summer Fridays, and outdoor dining that’s actually enjoyable. This July there will be high demand for content centered around outdoor entertaining, traveling, and (believe it or not) back to school season. Here are some notable dates and trending topics to roll into your July editorial calendar!
- Independence Day (July 4th) – Get ready to fire up the grill because the 4th of July is right around the corner! Brands and influencers alike can use this day as an opportunity to create content centered around grilling, picnicking, and good ol’ family fun.
- Christmas in July (July 25th) – While Christmas in July isn’t an official holiday, this not-so-seasonal celebration is the perfect chance for brands and influencers to make Christmas content with a summer twist.
- Summer produce – July is one of the best months for buying fresh, locally grown fruits and veggies (or growing them yourself!). According to Pinterest Trends, popular produce this season includes corn, zucchini, cherries, watermelon, and tomatoes. If you’ve got a green thumb, summer is the perfect opportunity to showcase your garden and create recipes centered around homegrown ingredients.
- Ice cream – Nothing says summer quite like a scoop of ice cream! Everyone is looking for ways to cool off with recipes for no churn ice creams, homemade sorbets, and kid-friendly froyos. Brands like GoodPop, Jeni’s, and Alden’s are among current consumer favorites according to Google Trends.
- On-the-go food – Beach/pool snacks, picnic foods, road trip eats are all heavily searched terms during the summer months. Consumers are looking for foods that taste great and travel well, like savory sandwiches, wraps, and salads, or sweet hand pies, granola bars, and protein balls.
- Pickling and vinegar – July might be National Pickle Month, but that doesn’t mean cucumbers are the only briny vegetable worth celebrating. Beets, red onions, cauliflower, and garlic are among the most popular produce to pickle this summer. Since pickling is trending, it’s no surprise that vinegar is also having a moment. Artisanal brands like Acid League, Brightland, and Ramp Up are popular among consumers due to their punchy flavors and aesthetically pleasing packaging.
- Back to school – Based on Google Trends, back to school season begins earlier and earlier every year. Consumers start prepping for the new school year as early as the first week of July until the end of August. “Fun lunch box meals”, “quick after school snacks”, and “easy weeknight dinners” are hot topics that are expected to grow in popularity as summer draws to a close.