If the talk around the PSL returning to Starbucks is any indication, August signals the end of summer and transition into fall. Hooray for finally making it over the summer slump! As vacation plans wind down and back to school content picks up speed, you can expect lots of cheap, easy, and quick recipes taking over your social media feeds next month.
It’s also important to keep in mind that August is the perfect time to start planning for Q4! Get ahead of the holiday rush and lock down your influencer marketing strategy for the busiest months of the year ASAP.
- While there aren’t any official holidays in August, keep in mind that Labor Day is coming up on September 5th!
- Back to School: Back to school season is officially here, even though it feels like summer just began. According to Pinterest Trends, consumers are on the hunt for “easy lunch box ideas”, “sandwich ideas for lunch”, and “healthy quick lunches” to pack for their kiddos on the first day of school.
- Low-cook/no-cook recipes: Let’s be real, nobody wants to be standing in front of a hot stove during one of the hottest months of the year. Consumers are looking for recipes that are assembly only, or involve little to no cooking. Looking for inspo? Check out this low-effort Marinated Tomato Pasta from Plays Well With Butter.
- Cheap eats: With a looming recession at the top of everyones’ minds, families are looking for ways to get the most bang for their buck without sacrificing nutrition or flavor. Searches for “easy cheap dinner ideas” and “healthy cheap meals” are surging on Pinterest Trends. Our suggestion? Start a series of low-cost meals, like Crowded Kitchen’s Budget Friendly Vegan Meals.
- Healthy snacks: Consumers are looking to satisfy all of their sweet, salty, and crunchy snack cravings without any of the guilt. Low carb, low sugar, and high protein foods are trending, with brands like LesserEvil, Realgood, and HighKey ranking high among consumer favorites according to the Exploding Topics tool. According to Pinterest Trends, the search for “snackle box ideas” is up 45%. What’s a snackle box? It’s basically a plastic organizer box full of snack foods, like this one from Yummy Toddler Food.