Our favorite past time? Talking about food, of course! Our team is always discussing the latest recipe, restaurant or cookbook we’re into. Here’s our list for June…
What We’re Cooking:
- Anything and everything that involves heirloom tomatoes.
- Everything from Alison Roman’s “Dining In” Cookbook. Can’t get over her recipe for Crunchy Chili Oil. I put it on everything now!
- Currently making the basil vinaigrette from What’s Gaby Cooking every week!
- Peaches with burrata, heirloom tomatoes and basil… anything that doesn’t require the stove!
- Soba noodles! I’m a lover of all noodles, but in the summer I prefer cold broths over hot. I love keeping it simple or adding edamame, chicken, and nori.
What We’re Into:
- Summer herbs. For our wedding, we were gifted an herb garden seed kit from Williams Sonoma. Thankfully, my basil is flourishing. And I’ve recently potted chives, parsley, mint, and cilantro. Wish me luck!
- Making pies! Love using all the beautiful market bounty like juicy peaches, perfectly tart cherries and plump berries.
- Car picnics, especially before a concert at Red Rocks.
Where We’re Eating:
- Denver’s Barcelona Wine Bar. I’ve been an embarrassing number of times since they opened a few months ago — as in, the manager knows me by first and last name. Everything is amazing, including their white wine sangria and roasted cauliflower with romesco sauce.
- The LGBT sandwich (a Pride Month special) at The Walrus and the Hedgehog, a pop up in the Hollywood Farmer’s Market, and one of L.A.’s best caterers!